Pages

They Have Found Me.

A lovely German Gentleman joined us on the bus, and then in our personal space, and proceeded to talk to us, in German, about the fact that we were speaking English. And probably a great many other things- I now know that meeting the Bus Folk is even more disorienting when you don't know if you don't understand what they're talking at you about because of a language barrier, or because of a sanity barrier.
I told him that I cannot understand German very well.
He responded by showing us his shopping list.
Which, from our combined and possibly faulty-due-to-traumatic-stress memories, included bread, 2x Twix bars and butter.
He then decided to practice his English, by declaring 'I love you' to me repeatedly, which seemed a little premature, given that we had just met. I contemplated telling him that, alas! my heart belongs to another, but went for option b instead: don't engage.
Of course, pretending not to understand THAT was probably a mistake, because he then started telling us in German that I love you was English so he knew we could understand him.
Unfortunately our romantic rendezvous was cut short when we reached his stop, which was also our stop, but for the sudden urge we both felt to travel a little further along the route.

Ah! Public Transport, You Have Struck Again.

Share this:

CONVERSATION