Pages

Silver linings...

It has been 6 days since I have seen the sun.
A guy from New Zealand at the institute is taking a certain perverse pleasure in counting the days ('I just want it to be a new record!').
The silver lining to these very literal clouds, is that, since SunAwareness 101 (rammed down the throats of every Australian kid who wants to play without a hat), this is the safest I've ever felt from skin cancers.

Actually, according to Etienne, it is technically not cloudy. It is foggy
I  was impressed by the lack of lynching that occurred as a result of this insistence.

On Thursday, according to Google weather, we had something called 'freezing fog'... 

...which actually does rather beautiful things to the world...

 every leaf is laced with frost! 

Look Ma! Actual frost! It was super cool when I went out for a bit (in my ducky-down coat) and then came back in and realised that my backpack was really cold to touch.

I'm pretty happy to be playing the part of the naive Australian, enamoured (not yet embittered) by the idea of the oncoming winter.

Frolick. Frolick. Frolick.
I hope it doesn't end too soon.

Share this:

CONVERSATION