Pages

In Berlin

Last weekend I went to Berlin.. because getting out of Golm is what you do if you live in Golm.

This is Berlin, not Golm. It's really quite pretty!

I actually ended up being bitterly dissapointed. I went on Saturday- to generally check out the main part of town and mosey around-which was pretty nice.


But then I went back in on Sunday with the express purpose of visting a couple of fleamarkets... because.. in a strangely Perth manner.. nothing is open here on Sundays. Actually I'm going to go so far as to say that on Sundays, Germany is more Perth than Perth [an explanation that any Perthite should understand], because at least we have IGAs everywhere these days, but even all the the food stores seem to be completely closed over here.

Lucky for me, this was the one specific day of the year that the two Flohmarkts that I went to check out were having a day off.

So I meandered a bit more:


This tree is pretty much my hero right now. Check out his fine mossy covering! And so neat and organised- A True German Tree!

It's called Zionskirche (the kirche being church).

The silver lining was that- what with all the Berliners knowing that there is absolutely no reason to venture out of their centrally heated apartments on a Sunday- I was able to get a wurst from Curry36- a fairly famous shop at Berlin Zoo (the main station), which always has a massive line.

I did not take a photo, but let me assure you that it was deliciously crispy on the outside, with hot and tasty pig-juice that does eagerly frolick into ones mouth the second a bite is taken. Probably there was also Tchaikovsky playing during the feasting, but I was too busy gorging on wurst to hear. Anyway, I will be back for more. If I don't eat it too fast I will take a photo.

On the topic of clouds and linings, the sun came out from behind the them just in time to set. Which was really rather beautiful:
Looking directly out of my guesthouse window



Share this:

CONVERSATION